Alright y’all, I’m going to attempt to live blog the West Coast viewing of The X Factor.
Not gonna front, I am stoked to see Simon Cowell back on TV.
JUDGES: Simon Cowell, That Pussycat Doll, Paula Abdul, and L.A. Reid
HOST: Not Ryan Seacrest
And in case you aren’t aware what the winner gets…$5 million recording contract with Sony Music.
Contestants will be split into categories…guys, girls, 30-somethings, and groups.
Los Angeles Auditions
First up, Rachel Crow, 13, “Mercy” – Duffy
– Very determined little girl
– Would use the money to buy a new house for her family
– Good voice for her age…judges seem to adore her, she’s moving onto the boot camp round.
Terrell Carter, 36, “Ribbon in the Sky” – Stevie Wonder
– Average R&B voice
– Put through to the next round
John Lindahl, “Forget You” – Cee Lo
– Put through to the next round
– Would invest the $5 million into his career
-He’s river dancing…and pulling off some very impressive cheerleading jumps
– All the judges basically say he’s a Prince rip-off, yet put him through to the next round.
Son, I am disappoint.
I don’t know y’all… I’m not too impressed so far, but there’s 90 minutes left. Hopefully there’s a fantastic audition coming up.
Oooh, just saw a clip of the Backstreet Boys, things are looking up already.
Dan & Venita, 70 & 83, “Unchained Melody” – The Righteous Brothers
– Little pitchy, dawg.
– Bless them; they’re adorable, but no.
I love that Cheryl just set a contestant straight, and told her she had a bad attitude. Something tells me that The X Factor’s biggest downfall is going to be replacing her with the Pussycat Doll.
– The winner of The X Factor will star in their own Pepsi commercial to air during the Super Bowl.
Simone Battle, 21, “When I Grow Up” – The Pussycat Dolls
– The look on her face when Simon cut her off…LOL
– I kinda like her voice. She’s definitely got the pop vibe going on.
– L.A. Reid says he was “completely underwhelmed.”
-This girl has the confidence & knows how to work the room. Definitely has the potential to do well.
– Simone was sent to the next round.
– The feud between Simon Cowell & L.A. Reid is highlighted…I kind of love it. Ooooh….FIGHT!
Stacey Francis, 42, “Natural Woman” – Aretha Franklin
– From Brooklyn, NY.
– “I don’t wanna die with this music in me, Simon.”
– Okay, she just made me cry. :’)
– She has some crazy range, that with some training, she could really work it out.
– She’s headed to the next round!
– …I can’t
Marcus Canty, 20, “I Wish” – Stevie Wonder
– Definitely has some flavor to him.
– Great stage presence!
– Had Paula & Nicole out of their seats!
– L.A. Reid compares him to Bobby Brown.
– Simon calls him “one to watch”!
– He’s through to the next round!
The Anser, “Rolling in the Deep” – Adele
– Known each other for awhile.
– Not loving the song choice, but they are pretty cute.
– Mashed up with Britney Spears “Till The World Ends.” (Woo mash-ups!)
– Decent harmonies; they need some work.
– Headed to the next round.
– TAKE NOTE: I cannot stand that they spell “Answer” as “Anser.” Not cute.
Nici Collins, 23, “Emotions” – Mariah Carey
-Snaps for the song choice? I love me some old school Mariah.
Darren Michael, 40, “Like A Virgin” – Madonna
– “It’s like I’m living in some sort of nightmare here.” – Simon
Chris Rene, 28, “Young Homie” – an original
– Bay Area contestant…HOLLA! He’s from Santa Cruz!
– Just out of rehab.
– Not bad…kind of reminds me of Rich Cronin.
– I was diggin’ his performance, not even gonna front.
“Favorite part when I sit in this chair, and I meet a star for the first time.” – Simon // D’awwww!
Overall thoughts…I need to see more legitimate talent. But, I love seeing Simon back on TV. In the words of *NSYNC, “You make my heart sing!”
If you tuned into The X Factor tonight, what did you think?